What content should you put on your homepage? Perhaps it’s not so obvious. If the process of planning your homepage seems a bit overwhelming, this episode of Content Matters is for you. Andy and Barry offer a thorough list of ideas for your homepage and talk you through handling the elements from top to bottom.
In this episode we talk about:
- What’s the goal of the homepage?
- How to effectively compose the all-important element visitors see immediately: the hero shot or featured image
- How and where to include keywords to optimize your homepage for search engines
- How to “surface” your content to drive traffic to important pages
- Different types of social proof you can use to enhance the credibility of your website fast
- How to handle features and benefits on your homepage
- Ideas for capturing email subscribers
- 20 elements you may want to consider for your homepage
In the cheese & mousetrap segment:
- Barry explains why and how to “wear your blog loud and proud.”
- Andy talks about showcasing real people to build trust on your homepage.
- What to Put on Your Homepage: 19 Elements to Consider, Orbit Media blog
- Website Footer Design Best Practices, Orbit Media blog
- Visual Marketing with Hero Shot Images, Slideshare by Angie Schottmuller
- 20 Ideas for Your Website Homepage Content, infographic from Feldman Creative