Code of Conduct
At Content Jam, we believe that the content community is for everyone.
We’re committed to making Content Jam a safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, or religion. It’s part of who we are.
This is the Content Jam code of conduct. Here you’ll find our expectations for participant behavior, and what will happen in the very unexpected event of violating this code.
Genuine inclusivity is the responsibility of everyone. We are counting on sponsors, speakers, attendees, media, exhibitors and other participants to help make Content Jam a great experience for everyone. Violations are determined by Content Jam, and decisions are final.
Expected behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- What you learned in kindergarten: be considerate, respectful, and collaborative
- Positivity—we’re here to learn and collaborate
- No being rude to someone because of who they are
- Don’t argue for the sake of arguing—this is a friendly environment
- Pay attention to your surroundings and of your fellow participants
- Let someone from Orbit know if there’s someone in distress or if there is a dangerous situation
Unacceptable behavior & materials include, but are not limited to:
- The basics: Absolutely no demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior, materials and speech.
- No intimidation, derogatory remarks, or abusive actions
- Being disrespectful toward venue staff (they’re there to help us enjoy the day!)
- Being disrespectful to other people at the Gleacher Center
- Engaging in written or verbal abuse
- Unwelcome physical contact or an aggressive or sexual nature
- Displaying inappropriate images or engaging in lewd behavior
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Possession of weapons, or items that can be used as a weapon
- Use of racial, religious, or ethnic slurs
- Possession of illegal substances
- Failure to obey rules of the Gleacher Center or the afterparty venue
Remember, Orbit will have the sole discretion of what is unacceptable. But we’re all adults, and we all want the same thing: a fun day of learning new things and meeting new people. We don’t expect anyone to violate these.
Consequences of unacceptable behavior:
We’re not going to tolerate unacceptable behavior, whether that’s by by attendees, speakers, volunteers from Orbit, or anyone else.
If we ask you to stop, please comply immediately.
If not, we may take any action we deem appropriate, up to asking you to leave, without warning or refund.
What to do if you witness or are subjected to unacceptable behavior:
If it is an emergency, please call 911 immediately.
If you are subjected to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns,let us know. It is confidential and will be dealt with quickly.
Where Does This Code of Conduct Apply?
Everywhere. At the Conference itself, at the afterparty, on the official walk between. If you’re part of Content Jam, you’re part of the team making the day wonderful for everyone. We’re counting on you to make sure that content marketing continues to grow, diversify, and get better.
Let’s have a fun day.