Is it vital to approach blogging as storytelling? Andy and Barry look at both sides of this interesting argument in this edition of Content Matters.
Highlights from the episode include:
- Why is storytelling such a thing?
- How to succeed with content marketing without telling stories
- Why your about page is a good place for stories
- Other ways stories work their way into our marketing
- The essential elements of storytelling
In the cheese & mousetrap segment:
- Barry talks about how to introduce characters into your content and amplify the conflict
- Andy explains the value of putting people’s faces all over your website
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- How to Write Your Website About Page: 5 Powerful Ideas for an Effective About Page, post on Orbit Media by Barry
Coming in the show’s next episode:
What are you doing on LinkedIn?