As a digital marketer, you’ll often aim to contribute content to other blogs in an effort to increase your reach and influence. There are effective—and ineffective—ways to conduct your outreach. In this episode, we’ll explore blogger outreach do’s and dont’s.
Listen to “How to Lose Friends and Not Influence People ” on Spreaker.
The episode includes:
- Why influencer marketing is white hot
- The many silly mistakes content marketers make when they invade the inboxes of influencers, especially with automation
- The red flag that screams, “Give me a link”
- Tips for making a good first impression
- Tips for getting on the radar of the influencer BEFORE you make an “ask”
- Wise ways to use LinkedIn for outreach and networking
In the cheese & mousetrap segment:
- Barry explains why you need to offer influencers great samples of your work
- Andy suggests pitching
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Influencer Marketing Tips from Influential Marketers [Feldman Creative infographic]
Coming in the show’s next episode:
- Getting started with simple content marketing metrics