Want to launch the quality of your content into the stratosphere?
Create original research. It’s my theory that every industry has something that is frequently asserted but rarely supported. Go find that missing stat.
The most shareable and link-worthy content you can create is original research. The insights you uncover can result in one-of-a-kind content that delivers incomparable success in search and social media.
In this episode Barry and I will discuss how research is a way to create absolutely original content and how it:
- Is an important part of the content marketer’s writing process
- Separates your content from the pack of instant gratification seekers
- Gives your content more perspective and depth
- Earns valuable links and citations from major media sources
- Delivers unparalleled credibility and authority
The episode features discussions of three great examples:
- The overwhelming deal-breaker for dating
- A project Andy describes as a “brilliant case study in repurposing” (and is realizing ridiculous reach)
- Buzzsumo and Moz research, which reveals the two types of content that earn the most shares and linkis
In the cheese and mousetraps segment…
- An efficient strategy for using research you DIDN’T do
- A 5-minute hack for finding the highway through your website where you place the billboards to catapult conversion
You may want to dig deeper into some of the stuff we discussed:
- Orbit Media’s business blogger research: 2014 and 2015
- The debut of the “Serious Bloggers” infographic on Copyblogger
- Orbit’s blogger research on SlideShare
- Content marketing research by Buzzsumo and Moz
Next on Content Matters: Visual marketing matters
Happy New Year!