Headlines: Does Anything Matter More?
How do you write killer headlines? Should you aim to turn on readers or search engines?
Listen to “Headlines: Does Anything Matter More? ” on Spreaker.
This episode of the podcast gets into these questions and:
- How headlines are ammo in the war for attention
- How headlines are the key to social media success
- Headlines are no longer just the big bold words at the top of the page
- Do headline writers over-emphasize search?
- How to hack your way to writing killer headlines for web content
- How to borrow insights from the cover of pop culture magazines (and the native advertising industry)
- Barry’s age-old “how to” get started lesson
- Andy’s not-so-secret formula for looking at numbers first
- The magnetic power of the illustrious curiosity gap
- The dubious double headline that screams “click me”
In the cheese and mousetrap segment…
- Are you fulfilling your promises?
- The connection between the headline and the growth of your email list
We thought you’d want to visit some of the resources we mentioned:
- Andy’s post on how to write headlines that won’t get ignored.
- Feldman Creative’s post about keywords
- Headline Analyzer tool from Advanced Marketing Institute
- Jon Morrow’s 52 headline hacks (a cheat sheet for writing blog posts)
- Native Advertising Leaderboard
- 9-Letter Cheat Sheet for writing H-E-A-D-L-I-N-E-S that Work
If you’re enjoying Content Matters, join us for the live recording sessions on Blab and write a review on iTunes.