“Email marketers gain a durable advantage.”
In the opening seconds of the new episode of Content Matters Andy delivers an emphatic little sermon on why email marketing is “sacred.” Still, while some content marketers subscribe to the power of email marketing, far too many overlook it.
See, unlike your other so-called tribes, you OWN your email list. The people on it have granted you permission to market to them. Therein lies the power of email marketing— and the reason we dedicated an episode to navigating it.
Listen to “Should Content Marketers Subscribe to Email Marketing? ” on Spreaker.
Highlights from the episode include:
- It’s the killer app that made the Internet, but is it still relevant?
- Why an email service provider is a must for modern marketers
- Tips for building an email list with lead magnets
- The “from” line no-no that dooms your email
- Advice for creating subject lines to rock your open rate
- A quick rundown of effective email types
- The power of the email “Welcome” series
In the cheese & mousetrap segment:
- Barry explains how to use email marketing as a customer retention channel
“That’s some good cheddar, Barry.”
- Andy offers the “3Ps,” which are the keys to creating an email opt-in form that converts
- 18 of the Best Digital and Social Media Marketing Podcasts, published by Search Engine Journal
- Infographic: 10 Top Digital Marketing Podcasts to Get Your Content Fix Fast
- Free eBook: Email Marketing—Master the Most Powerful Online Medium of All
Hey, look… It’s a lead magnet. A good one too. Click it.
On the next episode of Content Matters:
Bounce Rate: Its meaning, the myths, and where, when and why it matters