In this episode of Content Matters, we come out of the gate claiming interviews can be a game-changer for content marketers. Why would we make such a bold statement?
Because we’ve have learned that conducting interviews is extremely powerful.
- You’re able to generate more credible and highly compelling content.
- You build meaningful relationships with influential voices in your industry.
In 20 minutes you’ll have our best tips for capitalizing on interviews and collaborating on content marketing initiatives.
Highlights from the episode include:
- The Elevation Principle from Michael Stelzner’s great book, Launch
- How an ally in content creation becomes an ally in promotion
- The power of roundup-style content
- A review of various types of interviews and interview formats you might try
- The most effective ways to get contributions from experts
- Effective ways to do interviews via email
- How to deliver the best answers when you’re interviewed
- Playing referral tag to grow your network
- Why you need a guest blogging strategy
- The greatest social media marketing tool (is not what you’d expect)
In the cheese and mousetrap segment:
- Barry reveals a visual strategy to drive traffic to your interview-based content
- Andy explains how to get a “yes” from nearly everyone you’d like to interview
Resources from the episode:
- Launch: How to Quickly Propel Your Business Beyond the Competition, by Michael Stelzner
- 34 Ways to Get the Most from a Conference — a roundup post example from Orbit Media
- The Best Copywriters Offer Great Copywriting Secrets — a roundup post example from Feldman Creative
- Four Keys to Creating a Great Audio Interview by Charlie Meyerson, a guest post on Orbit Media’s blog
In the next episode of Content Matters we’ll talk about:
The all-important content marketing mission statement