Do you have a workflow for creating content? Is it working for you?
The process of creating and collaborating on content differs from company to company. In this episode, Andy and Barry explore tools, systems, and processes for getting your content together.
The episode includes:
- The many tools and systems Andy and Barry use to collect ideas… Evernote, Trello, swipe files, notebooks, Google docs spreadsheets, iPhone Notes, WordPress, Dropbox
- Ideas for planning and outlining your content—featuring Orbit’s (Feldman-endorsed) web content template – link below
- Editing and workflow tools including DivvyHQ, PowerPost, and some enterprise level systems for content management
- Using screenshots to snag this and that for safekeeping
- Andy’s almighty spreadsheet system for, well, everything content related—including his clever “Focus” tab for ongoing SEO progress
- Tools, tools, and more cool tools… List.ly, Upwork, Yoast
In the cheese & mousetrap segment:
- Barry details his frequently used process for creating great content from expert interviews
- Andy speaks to the importance of collaborating with the sales team to develop content for the “sales enablement” process
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Steal Orbit Media’s web content template
Coming in the show’s next episode:
A rant on how poorly content marketers invade your inbox with lame requests (and advice for doing it effectively)