It might not be immediately obvious to you what your audience wants to know, but after listening to this episode you’ll have a complete bag of tricks for finding the ideal content for your blog and website.
Listen to “Finding Topics for Your Blog and Content ” on Spreaker.
Highlights from the episode include:
- Why you shouldn’t avoid popular topics
- The secret to finding the topics that are being shared on social media
- Simple keyword research tools that overflow with ideas
- The sites that make it easy to uncover the questions people ask about your field of expertise
- How to mine your analytics and onsite search for topic ideas
- The many ways to “listen” and learn from your prospects and peers
- How to extract content ideas from books, courses, and Wikipedia
- The answer file that lives in your sent mail
- How events and original research serve you some of the best possible content idea
What can you learn from these studs? Listen to this episode for a fun tip from the world of traditional publishing.
In the cheese & mousetrap segment:
- Barry explains how to make great content from roundup posts somebody else created.
- Andy suggests you can plug every “hole in your bucket” by adding a live chat to your website.
On the next episode of Content Matters: What to put on your homepage.
Listen to any or all of the Content Matters podcast episodes and share your thoughts about the program on iTunes.