The content marketing planets aligned when your hosts, Andy and Barry, selected theme music for our program written and recorded by our friend (and content astronaut) Robert Rose.
The groove of the tune was the reason it worked for us, but if you listen closely, you hear a vocal loop Robert uses with a female singing, “It’s gonna’ take a little time.”
She might have been rapping about content marketing. Or search. Or building “domain authority” (DA).
We’re riffing on these things in this episode with a focus on the increasingly important measure of domain authority. Andy’s published answers to common questions about DA on the Orbit Media blog and now his extensive knowledge on the topic is ready to be fed directly to your ear drums.
Listen to “Why Content Marketers Must Understand Domain Authority ” on Spreaker.
Tune in for 22 minutes to learn:
- What is domain authority (DA)?
- How’s it compare to Google’s PageRank metric?
- What’s page authority (PA)?
- Which one matters more for keyword research, DA or PA?
- How to tap into vital (and free) tools, Open Site Explorer and MozBar
- How measure the value of a link from another website to inform your planning process
- Must-do techniques to increase your domain authority (and the magnetic power of your website)
In the cheese & mousetrap segment:
- Barry offers the ultimate tip to land guest blog gigs on high authority sites.
- Andy explains why to create hubs of content that build on and relate to each other to realize more success with search.
On the next episode of Content Matters:
The power of being of an author (and ways to become one without writing a book)