Research indicates companies struggle to find trained and qualified talent to expand their content marketing efforts. In this episode of the podcast, we’ll share tips for building your team and the types of talent you may need to scale.
Listen to “Building Your Content Marketing Team and Talent ” on Spreaker.
The episode begins with:
- Industry research regarding hiring challenges and team size
- Should you build a large team of specialists or hire a small number of people with varied talents?
Then, we talk through the types of positions and roles you may consider:
- Content director
- Managing editor
- Content strategist
- Community manager
- Graphic designer (We also talk about DIY design tools)
- Video/media producer
- Analytics expert
- Technology platforms experts
In the cheese & mousetrap segment:
- Barry encourages you to master one medium before expanding into others.
- Andy talks about experimenting with using “in-line CTAs” in blog posts.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Content Marketing Talent: How to Fill Key Positions and Scale (Feldman Creative blog)
- Analytics for Teams: How to Collaborate Using Google Analytics—Includes a sample agenda for marketing meetings (Orbit Media blog)
Coming in the show’s next episode:
Getting your content marketing act together—processes to get the work done.